Jennifer Weedon Palazzo is the creator, writer and producer of MomCaveTV.com, an online network of comedy shows for moms. As a Beyond Mom, Jennifer turns the hectic moments of motherhood into ridiculously funny ones- and let’s face it, we can’t get through life without a little sense of humor. When she’s not writing about the funny side of being a mom, Jennifer can be found eating Reese’s Cups while furiously bidding on vintage clothing on eBay. Find out what keeps this mama full of positivity and good humor!
1. What makes you a Beyond Mom?
I became a mom at 33. And I’ve been a mom for five years now. So the person I was for 33 years hasn’t disappeared because I procreated. Being a mom has enriched who I already was.
2. What are the parts of you that have grown and expanded since becoming a Mom?
I’m more compassionate about other people’s struggles. I’ve learned to laugh in new ways. I’ve learned the power of dry shampoo and Oxiclean.
3. Can you share a collaboration/success story with another woman; what helped the collaboration become successful?
MomCave ( www.youtube.com/MomCave) is an online network of comedic web series for moms. Every one of our shows is a huge collaboration between several different moms (and dads!)
4. What relationships help you stay connected to yourself?
My mom and sister are my most important support system. I have a few girlfriends who I met in college that I can go months without seeing, yet when we talk it’s like no time has passed.
5. Do you have a ‘Beyond’ dream that you are pursuing? If so, please share…
I’m the creator (and producer, editor, writer, actress) of MomCaveTV.com. It’s been a dream come true to have our web series honored with film festivals and awards. And I’ve found a new appreciation for maternity style on the red carpet! (It’s all about the right shoes…)
6. What wellness activity can you not live without?
Dessert and wine at midnight keeps me sane. But seriously, I try to do some sort of yoga or ballet-based workout several times a week.
7. What is one thing you do daily that balances you?
Look into my children’s eyes as we laugh.
8. How does style influence the way you stay feeling ‘Beyond’?
I feel better when I feel more “put together” even if that means just a little mascara while wearing my pajamas at school drop off.
9. Who is currently your favorite designer?
I don’t really have the time, money, or energy to follow designers. I used to shop as a recreational sport. Now that I have kids, I do a lot more online shopping. I do love retro-inspired clothing like Pin Up Girl Clothing and Trashy Diva. (Don’t let the names scare you. They’re awesome!)
Favorite Spots that Embody The Beyond Mom:
Beyond Cocktails and/or Food:
Wine and Cheese. Wine and Reese’s Cups.
Jogging with the stroller